ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
As a production and Operations Director, you’ll need to:
- Production Planning: oversee the production process, drawing up a production plan based on sales and customer demand including required parts, equipment and human resource planning
- Product Quality: the development of a continuous improvement program that includes process SOP’s, employee training and certification, tool and testing calibration, defect measurement and reporting, and quality control programs that ensure all product quality standards are maintained.
- Employee Safety: ensure that all safety standards are maintained, and procedures and processes are put in place to eliminate workplace injuries and accidents.
- Employee Development: the development of a dynamic and flexible workforce team that can effectively size to the needs of the business through various seasonal variations in demand. Hold regular performance reviews of team members.
- Production Cost: ensure that the overall production cost meets budgeted expectations and that a continuous improvement plan is maintained to constantly find ways to enhance production and reduce overall operational cost.
- Asset Management: ensure that all production equipment and associated tools are well maintained and operate at defined standards. Review custom purchase orders, contracts and change request to ensure the necessary criteria and provisions are included in quality and process plans.
- Communication: maintain the highest standards of communication at all levels within the organization. Lead daily, weekly, monthly management meetings with team members and other senior managers as well as interact with suppliers, customers and other divisional team members at a professional level. Effectively liaise across all departments to ensure the overall success of your team as well as CIMC-IE.
- Any and all other required duties so warranted by the position and direction of the CEO/President.
- You will have oversight of end to end planning and execution that involves logistics, operation and parts across North America networks, (South Gate, Emporia and satellite locations) and ensuring products are delivered within the negotiable timeline with the most economical cost.
- You will spend considerable amounts of time on the shop floor and outside lots. The environment can be very dynamic due to weather conditions and possible noise levels.
Will be commensurate and calculated by experience, and education as well as professional credentials. A yearly bonus plan and personal time off will be negotiated with the CEO/President.
REQUIRED EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree in process or manufacturing engineering, business administration or equivalent number of years’ experience. Five to ten years’ experience in production control, operations or manufacturing assembly plant. Master’s degree is a plus but not needed for qualification. Additional abilities in Lean/Six Sigma, ISO 9000, all current word, excel, power point skills. You’ll be involved in the pre-production stage as well as the production (control and supervision) stage. A large part of the job is dealing with people management.
- Panning and organization skills to be able to run and monitor the production process
- The ability to act decisively and solve staff or equipment-related problems
- The capacity to grasp concepts easily
- Attention to detail to ensure high levels of quality and safety
- The ability to communicate clearly and persuasively with your team, managers and clients
- Strong negotiation skills for getting materials within budget at the right time
- The ability to work under pressure and motivate others to meet deadlines
- The ability to work in a logical, systematic manner
- Communicate Proficiency
- Decision Making
- Organizational Skills
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Result Driven
- Technical Capacity
- Time Management
This position has direct management and oversight of employees with multiple skill sets.
This job operates in a clerical, office, as well as in your yard (lot) areas and a factory setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, and associated ERP and other internal business management systems.
The physical demands describe here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essentials functions of this job.While Performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands and fingers, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
POSITION TYPE AND EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK:
This is a full-time position, and typical work hours and days are Monday though Friday 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Evening and weekend work may be required as the job duties demand.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected. Foreign travel is also required so a current passport and VISA is required and covered as a company expense
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing ofactivities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties,responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.